Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Read it.

I love a good book. You know, the kind that surprises you by how gripping it is from the first page to the last. The kind that sticks, sinks deep, and changes you for the better. This kind of book propels me forward and awakens my mind to both new ideas and ancient truths. I love the feeling of satisfaction that comes with completing such a book. Shakespearean lines come bubbling out of me like "parting is such sweet sorrow" and "it is better to have read and finished than to have never read at all" Ok, I changed that second one slightly. (I get a little dramatic to say the least.)

My favorite books are the ones that make me cry tears of praise to my heavenly Father. When I read a book and start singing or crying, I know I'm reading a book written by someone who knows the same Jesus that I know. I know the author has accepted the same love and grace that I have. I recognize Jesus in him/her and it never fails to make my heart soar. He's real. Jesus is real. He's living and active and working in the lives of people all over the world. 

Today I finished the book that prompted this post. It is entitled Gospel Patrons: People Whose Generosity Changed The World by John Rinehart. Read it. I know you'll love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment